Forum rules - please read before posting.

1.45 And Sorting Layer Issues

So it seems that after upgrading to 1.45 my World Space UI doesn't render in the proper sorting area now.

To put it into perspective. I have world space UI on the default layer with the order in layer set to 100. Everything else is also on the default layer but it's sorting layer is controlled by the sorting map which is most definitely below 100 given it's set up. However in every scene my world space UI renders behind the characters but in front of the scene objects.

Anyone else have sorting layer issues like this?

Comments

• And the values are still correct once the game begins?  Nothing in 1.45 should have changed anything to do with this - are the depth values (distance from the camera) to blame for this?  I wonder if this is more to do with any of the recent Unity updates.
  • @ChrisIceBox Interestingly enough I was using Canvas overriding. However for some reason the Sorting Layer on the overridden canvas had a missing reference to the sorting layer. Odd. I check my commit prior to the AC update and everything was fine. However after updating AC that happened. Not a big deal and luckily an easy fix. Additionally I have yet to patch my Unity 5 so that may or may not have played a factor?

All in all no worries. Just needed to reassign the Sorting Layers in the inherited canvases.
  • Could you please tell how exactly to reassign the Sorting Layers in the inherent canvases, step by step?
  • @zodiac13 You simply just go to the canvas and under the Sorting Layer drop down, you simply reselect the correct sorting layer.