Forum rules - please read before posting.

Three Beards (A prototype)

Hi all!

I thought I'd post to let you know about an Adventure Creator project I'm working on with a couple of mates imaginatively called Three Beards. It's our first game, and as such it's intended as a way to learn about the process of making a game, putting it out into the public and getting feedback.

It's a classic 2D point-and-click adventure game with a simple story concept: three guys (all bearded) get stranded in the forest when their car breaks down. The player has to find a way to save the hapless heroes from certain death.

Coincidentally, there are also three of us in the team. I'm the artist & animator for the project and we also have a writer and audio engineer working on the project.

The project is actually a few months old now, we spent the first few months testing and learning about the many aspects of building the game- looking at things like which engine to use (we obviously went with Unity & AC), animation methods and tools (After Effects, Puppet2D, Spriter, etc), and into things like sprite packing & lighting. We've now decided on our workflow and have begun production on the actual game!

You can read all about our progress so far on our devlog where we talk a bit about some of the things we've learned and decisions we've made thus far. It's still quite early in the project, but we'd love to hear what you think!

Three Beards Devlog

Comments