Forum rules - please read before posting.

Using cameras as "Markers"

This is a neat thing I figured out because I'm lazy.

The situation is, that I have a dialog with an NPC, that could happen in 3 different places in the same scene (let's call it 1st, 2nd and 3rd Floor).
Now, I COULD do that conversation 3 times, to make sure that every Camera is selected individually by me for the ActionLists.

OR, I setup all the cameras, put the "Marker" skript on them, setup some Temp_Cameras and teleport them to the propper place (the Camera "Markers") whenever the NPC changes its position.
Now I can use the same conversation everywhere!
This is because, when I want to do over the shoulder shots for the dialogs, I can just use the Temp_Cameras, which WILL be at the right place everytime, instead of using the "real" ones.

I hope this makes sense!

Comments

• edited August 2016
    Hey cool, stuff, I'll be sure to give this a try  ;). Although, isn't it possible to just teleport the cameras to regular markers? (I ask because I've never tried, heh). Edit: oh, now I get it, I think? Is it to keep the exact same transform as the Marker cameras?

Anyway, we've just created a Wikia for AC, it would be pretty cool if you added your discovery in the General Tips and tricks page. Feel free to add your cool tricks in there :).
  • Will do!

And yes, I use cameras as markers to just make sure that there is a camerasetup that will be mirrored identically.
    In a 3D enviroment (which is my situation) I need to look through a camera anyways to make sure I get everything I want into the frame.
  • Cool! By the way, the structure of the wikia has changed a little since it's creation, so the old link is deprecated, you can just use this link instead. Then, just look for the contribute button and add a page. Cheers!