Forum rules - please read before posting.

Flip The Bird - a story about a rude bird

Hello friends!

Recently bought Adventure Creator and so far am loving the ease of use. It's quite simple to get in to and despite not knowing some advanced techniques or any coding(yet), I feel like I already know enough to create a full fledged game.

And so my first adventure venture started. It's really just a joke game, purely to gain an understanding of the engine and its capabilities, but I'm having a ton of fun with it anyway and I wanted to show it off. As for the whole middle finger thing; I know it's childish, but the idea of a bird who flips people off despite not even having fingers amuses me to no end. I CAN'T HELP IT.

Progress is slow but steady. So far I've figured out:

Movement

Actionring and Inventory

VERY IMPORTANT, the ability to flip things off (ANYTHING):

Room switching:

Conversations

Next up on my todo list is figuring out some actual puzzle logic. Variables, if and elses, stuff like that. The actual meat of what goes into an adventure game besides the narrative, so to speak. It's been a ton of fun so far which is important for my motivation, and I strongly believe I have Adventure Creator to thank for that since it makes everything so easy. So thanks a ton.

Comments or questions are welcome. I'll use this post as a development blog, I guess. Thanks for reading. :D

Comments

• edited September 2016
    I'm very impressed with the graphics. They are simple but quite stylish. Kudos! Very nice atmosphere and humor too :) I'm hoping to see more soon!
  • Ha! I love this! Definitely good enough to want to play a whole game of it. 

I think the bird being able to flip anything/anyone off makes it something special. Don't listen to the voice telling you otherwise!

I'm at about the same spot in my project, you made me want to share. Will do soon!

KEEP POSTING!

• Very nice work! I like it 
  • Very nice! Lucas Arts graphics!! The good old days..