Forum rules - please read before posting.

[Bug] Menu element deletion errors

edited December 2016 in Engine development
Another error with deletion:
NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
AC.MenuPreview.Update () (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Menu/MenuPreview.cs:58)

This happens after deleting a menu element from the menu manager. (Doesn't seem to happen on every menu, the distinct feature of that menu element as far as I can see is that it's the 0'th menu element. The first one created in that menu.). And error repeats itself whenever I switch between tabs in AC Game Editor menu.

Version 1.54c, sorry didn't have time to update to the latest version yet.

Comments

• Is this occuring on new Menus or ones that were created with a much older version of AC?  Does the Menu Manager show up?  If so, an interim measure might be to copy the Menu, delete the elements in the duplicate, copy the elements within the original and paste them one-by-one into the duplicate, then delete the original Menu.
  • edited December 2016
    Ah, I get the same error with some of my Unity UI based menus, but I did create the menus in an older version of AC. I'll live with it during this project though, it's nothing big.
  • edited December 2016
    Yes, the menu was definitely created  in an older version of AC. Thanks for the workaround, will definitely try that.