Forum rules - please read before posting.

UI transitions between subtitles

I'm getting a bug where the color of the subtitles switches to that of the next character before the subtitle menu actually pans off screen to display their text. Firstly, is it possible to prevent this? Secondly, is there a way to disable transitions on subtitles between dialogue lines rather than other menus? I only want the subtitles to transition between other menus/gameplay, not between instances of itself.

Comments

• What does your Subtitles Menu look like in the Menu Manager, and is there any delay between your subsequent speech calls?
  • Just a normal subtitle menu, no real mechanical changes to it. The only "delay" between speech calls is the player input as I set for them to display forever until the player skips them.
  • edited December 2016
    I need to know exactly - the default Subtitile menu fades, whearas yours pans.  Please post a screenshot of the Menu's properties.

One option, however, is to check Duplicate for each line? in the Menu's properties, so that each line is given it's own Menu instance.
  • edited December 2016
    Here's one of my subtitle menu preferences:
    I decided to check "duplicate for each line" like you said. That fixed the color problem, but the menu still transitions between each line rather than stay up while there's always subtitles. Though, if that's what it's supposed to do, then I don't really mind that much.
  • That is as intended - each speech line is basically given it's own Menu, so each one has its own complete transition in and out.
  • Okay, no real problem. To clarify, what does Duplicate for each line? do then if each line is already given its own menu?
  • Without that checked, the same Menu is recycled for each line - meaning if two lines are being spoken simultaneously, only one will show.  Checking it will duplicate the Menu itself, allowing each line to show up irregardless of whether or not any others are playing.