Forum rules - please read before posting.

Updating Label Flicker

Hello, new around here, and I've a small problem that I hope can be solved.

I have a "Score" label setup to update with a numerical value each time a hotspot is clicked on, it works great. However, every time the score label is updated with a new value, the whole label seems to flicker, or blink if you will. I'm using the newest version of AC, and using AC menu for displaying the label as well.

Any ideas?

Thank you!

Comments

• Welcome to the community, @Albl.

This'll likely be down to a combination of your ActionList used to update the value, and the Menu's Appear type setting.  If it's set to During Gameplay, then it will be disabled whenever a gameplay-blocking ActionList is run - no matter how briefly it lasts.

In that case, the answer would be to either change the Appear type to Manual, and use the Menu: Change state Action to turn in on and off when required, or to simply set the ActionList's When running property to Run In Background, to prevent gameplay from being blocked.
  • Thank you @ChrisIceBox.

Perfect. What worked from your advice was setting ActionList's When running to Run In Background. I had to make a couple tweaks as well. I changed the Appear type to Hotspot, as this is the functionality I needed for my game.

Much appreciated!

Thanks again.