Forum rules - please read before posting.

Help with Paths...?

Hello! I'm having a rather confusing issue here, and im hoping someone can shed some light. Here's the situation:

I'm setting up a combat cutscene. When the cutscene starts, the target moves along a path. Works fine, no issues.

Then the combat itself happens, which is an action list in parallel.

One thread checks for a successful click on the target's prefab, the other waits for X seconds then does the same. If the second thread doesn't detect the click after the predetermined wait time, then the target shoots the player and combat ends. If the first thread detects the click, then that phase of combat is successful, and the target moves along a second path to its second location, where it all happens again.

So, here's the problem. The target will not move along the second path without a second click. In other words, if i click the target correctly, the click is detected, the action list resumes, but when it gets to the next "path" component, it does not actually move along the second path until i click again - even though im not waiting on another click.

Even stranger, if I check the "teleport to start of path" checkbox, it performs the teleportation, but still doesn't actually move along the path until I click again. 

If anyone has any ideas or suggestions they would be greatly welcome. I have posted a screenshot of my action list editor with as many components as I could fit:

Comments

• Its a confusing issue, and a complicated one to accurately convey.  I'm afraid I'm having a hard time getting my head around it, and this may be a case of having to point you in the right direction rather than having an answer outright.  What I would first recommend is that you simplify your approach so that the whole thing becomes easier to understand and manage.

Rather than waiting for a variable to become True, you should instead simply enable your Hotspot and continue the sequence via that Hotspot's Interaction directly.

If you need to have a "Game over" screen occur X seconds after the Hotspot is shown but not clicked on, or for other things to go on during this wait, you can continue to run another Cutscene in parallel - and then simply kill it when the player is successful with the ActionList: Kill command.

Know also that you have a couple of tools to help you debug.  Checking List active Actionlists in Game window? at the bottom of the Settings Manager will show you exactly what ActionList is running at any given time, and viewing that ActionList while it's running will display any currently-running Action in green.
  • Hm. Well, that does seem simpler, I guess I was overthinking it. I will rewire this.

Thanks, Chris.