Forum rules - please read before posting.

Translating player prefabs which are NOT part of any scene (Resource folder)

edited January 2017 in Technical Q&A
I have another interesting problem!

I can't translate my player prefabs.
In my game, the player can switch between 2 characters, so I have 2 player prefabs ready to go in my ressource folder.

However, for some reason their name doesn't turn up in the gathered text in the speech manager.
As a result, whenever I test play this while controlling a character, I get:
Cannot find translation for 'Leon' because the text has not been added to the Speech Manager.
or
Cannot find translation for 'Aska' because the text has not been added to the Speech Manager.

Which is absolutely correct, since it isn't part of the gathered text.

Sadly I can not ignore this, since the debug output will mess with my Built, making everything very choppy as soon as either of those character names appear on screen, if the translation is selected and if the subtitles are switched on. This I could confirm multiple times.
(Basically it puts out a debug message every letter, I think. Which becomes 50-100 debug messages in 2-5 seconds)

Is there a way to still translate mulitple character prefabs, that are not part of any scene (outside of runtime)?
Or is there a way to stop AC from giving the debug messages during Built?

Comments

• In which AC version?  Check that your player prefabs have explicit "Speaker labels" defined, rather than relying on the names of the prefabs themselves.

AC's debug messages / logs can be disabled via the bottom of the Settings Manager.
  • "Check that your player prefabs have explicit "Speaker labels" defined"

That was exactly what was missing. I was already wondering, why the NPC versions of the characters don't have the same problem.
    A classic "to miss the forest for the trees"-situation.

Thanks!