Forum rules - please read before posting.

First Person cut scene camera change

Hi again. I'm sure this should be simple, but I am failing with it anyway. 

My camera will not change to the assigned camera in the cut scene action list. I tried both simple and game camera. I am using first person movement and read the forums. I can see with debug that gameplay is blocked as per my Engine System movemethod: none. I have player constrain action also, with gravity disabled, but my I can see my player falling during the cutscene regardless. Perhaps this is the clue as to what is wrong.

I was trying this as an OnStart cut scene, and have tried as a separate actionlist also. What am I missing here? 

Thanks

Comments

• edited January 2017
    The player falling sounds like a separate issue.  You can view the player's Inspector (Player component + Rigidbody etc) to see what's going on there.

Could you provide some screenshots to detail the camera switching issue?  Is this an in-sceneCutscene or an ActionList?

You only need to change the Movement method using Engine: Manage systems if you want another camera to be active during gameplay - so long as you only need the camera changing during a gameplay-blocking Cutscene, you only need to use a Camera: Switch Action.
  • edited January 2017
    Thanks for the reply. This is an In-sceneCutscene.

I click on a hotspot, which triggers an ActionList, that has only a Player: Constrain, with after  running set to run an In-scene CutScene. (I assume it really doesn't matter here what Action is calling the cutscene. I have tried a few). I have tried both run in background, and pause gamplay for this Actions properties.

Then the cut scene runs, but camera switch skips/happens and reverts instantly, regardless of the other settings. Everything is working except keeping the camera as anything but the players FirstPerson camera. The properties on this are set to pause also, but I have tried both and they both behave as expected. I have a large project already, but have not dealt with camera switching until now. I have a working 3D rotating inventory, but I designed it with the players camera, probably because I couldn't get the camera change to work, I can't remember anymore :P

Another post refers to his managers potentially being to blame, and that it fixed itself. I think I am using things correctly, so I might look into that instead.

• I made a new player prefab from scratch and it has fixed the problem. I will try to find out what it is that has changed, for anyone in the future with a similar issue. Thanks for your time Chris.
  • Sooooo... It was nothing more that the fact that my player prefab had the Camera component Enabled. Oh dear. 
  • Was there an AC camera script also attached?