Forum rules - please read before posting.

[UFPS + AC] Mouse cursor just stuck in the center of the screen. Flickering.

edited January 2017 in Technical Q&A
Hi guys, I am having a problem about my cursor.  When I start the game,
the cursor stays in the center and I can use it perfectly. Though the
aimings were perfect and I can move the camera, I can't seem to MAKE THE CURSOR HIDE in the center. It just flickers there.

On the AC settings, I have checked:
- Lock screen cursor to the screen centre and;
- Hide cursor when locked (I think this is the culprit. Checked or not, the cursor just flickers in the centre.)

On my UFPS Player, with vp_FPInput attached, on the mouse cursor:
- Forced ( always shown)
- Block Mouselook (These two when uncheck, cant move the camera, So I'm force to make them checked)

Any help?

EDIT: Added: GIF Link https://giphy.com/gifs/unity-ufps-adventure-creator-bpiWgmeYTCP3W

Comments

• Okay.. So I found out a possible fix for this. On the Cursor tab on the AC Game Editor;

- Cursor rendering is Software
    - Uncheck Always show system cursor in editor

When I changed it to hardware with the below box checked or unchecked, the mouse cursor flickers in the centers of the screen, not hiding.

Anyone care to explain why?
  • It's important to know if this is an issue in the Editor only, or in builds as well.  Try both Cursor rendering options in builds - does the issue continue?
  • Hi Chris, tried to build and run. It works, my cursor is now hiding with my fix. Failed when not using it. :)
  • Hi chris, the fix do not work when I change my scenes from AC based scene to and ordinary w/o AC scene, I can still click on gui buttons but I cant see the mouse cursor .
  • edited January 2017
    So you're now in a non-AC scene?  What are you trying to do, lock the cursor or show it?

You could try running:

Cursor.visible = false;

or

Cursor.lockState
     == CursorLockMode.Locked;