Forum rules - please read before posting.

The 3 Beards- Available to Play Now!

Hi Adventure Creators!

Way back in 2015 I started working on a prototype point-and-click game with my brother & a mate of mine called The 3 Beards. We built the game in Unity using Adventure Creator.

We have now completed our prototype and it's available to play! To download go to nogoodnikgames.itch.io/the-3-beards

Check out our teaser trailer below :)

Three guys get stuck out in the middle of nowhere when their car breaks down and they need to get it started again.

Like a lot of point-and-click games it is inspired by the classics like Monkey Island, Full Throttle and Grim Fandango so it is a rather light-hearted game with a few point-and-click in-jokes thrown in.

It is a prototype, so it's fairly short and has some rough edges but we hope to get some feedback and see what people think so we can improve for future projects.

You can play the game now on nogoodnikgames.itch.io/the-3-beards

Thanks!

Comments

• Looks great! I have just play your demo and its look and play well. I had a few problems with the game because it was to slow in my computer. But the rest it´s ok.
    Another thing, it works the donation system? Because i´m finishing the demo and that was an option to post the game.
    Thanks again keep working!
  • Thanks tinchopunk! Sorry to hear it was slow on your computer- we did look at optimisation and trying to make sure the game ran smoothly but it's an area we need to learn more about for future releases.

Yes, our game is free-to-play or by donation. On itch.io you can set your own minimum price from $0 and up, but players can always choose to pay more. And you also choose how much of your earnings you want to pay to itch as well, from 0% upward.

I look forward to playing your demo!
  • LOVING the vibe the trailer gives off - I certainly feel the 'Full Throttle' influence there and I think the art-style is fantastic.

I'll have a play through this ASAP.

Great work!
  • edited January 2017
    Just watched the trailer... Amazing art style! so colorful. The little details on the animation and the cigars are excellent. I'll try the demo when I have the time. Anyway, great stuff, keep it up!
  • Thank you TayannaStudios & Alverik!

Glad you both like the trailer & art style- it was something we put a lot of work into!

We want to make 1st class point & click games so if you have any feedback on the game once you've played it, especially areas you think we can improve on, please let us know!