Forum rules - please read before posting.

Draggable object with darker tone

Hi all,

We applied a Draggable object on a door and now the openable door has a darker tone, so the openable and the non-openable door doesn't looks exactly the same.

Screenshots:
We experience the above issue under the following versions under 64bit Windows 10:
  • Unity 5.6.0b4 with Adventure Creator v1.55b
  • Unity 5.5.0 with Adventure Creator v1.55b
  • Unity 5.5.0 with Adventure Creator v1.51f
Thank you for all of your assistance in advance!

Feel free to let me know if you need any further info, screenshot and or video about the mentioned issue we experience!

Comments

• This is more than likely a Unity issue - if you do nothing except remove the Draggable script, is the door now identical?  Is one door static, while the other is not?  Are both responding to e.g. light probes or baked lighting?  Compare the materials on both as well.
  • Yes, it does helps as you can see on the screenshot below:
    They becomes almost identical.
    Of course I also need to rearrange objects a bit so the door is actually visible and I also need to rotate the door by 90°.
  • The door rotation issue can be resolved by upgrading to v1.55c, which features a new option on Draggables to retain child object transforms when attaching themselves to tracks.
  • ✔ Thank you! This fixed the issue.

A slight difference is still exists, but I think it is only because the graphic settings are on low for performance reasons.