Forum rules - please read before posting.

Non flipping 2D NPC

Whats the thing that flips a 2D NPC automatically when on a "patrolling "path?
its a mouse, just walking one way, flipping and walking back...
I have it working in the editor somehow, but its not working on building to Mac OSX.

This is an old project I made with my son and its running AC 1.48b
I would prefer not to upgrade just for this, as its working (apart from the above) I just want to export it for him...

Comments

• You're going to have to re-phrase that one, I'm afraid.  I don't know what you are referring to.
  • Ha ha... long time since I asked, it was the fact that a NPC 2D character has the clever feature that it automatically flips (I called it) meaning reverses, rotates, when walking the "other way". Meaning you can use the same graphic for walking left as you can for walking right...
    ... except mine wasnt...
  • Check that your sprite child is correctly assigned, and that you aren't animating the scale of your sprite child - AC has to modify that itself in order for the effect to work.

You can check if the animation is conflicting by temporarily disabling your Animator component.  If the frames then flip, it's related to your animation.