Forum rules - please read before posting.

[Feature Request] Presets for Inventory Items

Hi Chris,

I like the possibility to have variable presets. It's a wonderful system during development for debugging and a big time saver. I use it mainly to switch between different chapters of our game and have all variables set up properly for testing purposes.

I think this feature would be really useful for inventory items as well. By now I have to handle all the inventory items one-by-one when switching chapters. The "Carry on start" thing is useful for testing the functionality of single scenes, but for additional in game testing such a preset system would be great.

Comments

• Complications arise from when you also have to account for multiple player prefabs.  I appreciate the issue, but I can't see a graceful way to add this without also creating serious confusion, as well as being a source of errors.  "Debug" ActionLists to add inventory items automatically could do the same thing, and a custom Action could do them all en-masse.
  • If there is a chance of wrecking the whole system then of course it's not an option. Maybe I write myself an Action that could handle mass inventory item adding. Thanks!