Forum rules - please read before posting.

Adventure Creator with Video Support?

XizXiz
edited February 2017 in Technical Q&A
Greetings,

Please pardon my lack of experience, I'm self taught in Unity so please let me know if I am not using proper terminology.

I am looking to use Adventure Creator with videos for an art instillation. Visually it will be a series of videos that get triggered through the adventure creator choices. Can this be done? I haven't seem to found a correct way to do this. Anyone have any ideas? Thank you. <3

Comments

• Xiz,

I am at a similar level to with regards experience so me answering your question could spell disaster however I do recall there being an action in the action list to play a video file. So should be as simple as importing the video file you want to play into your project folder and then run an action to play that video when the desired choice you referred to previously is made.

Must admit I've not done this yet, I just recall seeing that option whilst I've been working in AC.

Mike.
  • You can do this with the Engine: Play movie clip Action.  By default, this will take up the full screen, but you can also have it play a movie on a Texture, so that you can have e.g. a video playing on a screen inside your 3D game world.
  • Sorry for the delay.

Thank you!

So sorry for another easy question, but:

I'm trying to use Engine: Play movie clip as a cut-scene, but am unable to place my movie file on the Movie Clip: option.

Screenshot hopefully will help? Thanks for helping a beginner.

• For some reason it won't always appear in the list there, but you should be able to drag it manually into the field from the Project window.