Forum rules - please read before posting.

[Bug] Crossfade and Fade out

Hello,

Upgraded this morning to latest 1.56 version, Unity 5.5.1f1

Just wanted to change things up and use Fade Out - nothing happens. (Run from assetfile).
There are other actions within and comments to print in console that show the assetfile to be working, nevertheless the Fade Out is not.

I then tried Crossfade, it changes to the next camera but no fade happening.

I tried to set a custom texture for the fade in/out, still no effect.

Is it a bug or?

Thanks

Comments

• edited February 2017
    Can't recreate - no problems my end.  Was it working before the update, and does your MainCamera have a "Fade texture" assigned?  Any other message in the Console?

To test if this is an OnGUI or Camera issue, check Force aspect ratio? in the Settings Manager and give a different aspect ratio to your Game window.  Do the black borders appear?
  • You had me at OnGUI, 

I played around with: ACIgnoreOnGUI - since I want to ensure the best performance is done on the game (for mobile), and sure enough when I remove ACIgnoreOnGUI the fade works.

Can the fading stuff be accommodated with ACIgnoreOnGUI or is this something I have to work with?

Thank you.
  • OnGUI is required by AC's fading technique, so yes - you'll need an OnGUI call to use it.

You can, however, call the function yourself manually for complete control over when it's used:

AC.KickStarter.mainCamera.DrawCameraFade ();

Alternatively, you could use your own system - or even AC's Unity UI system to display a full-screen black image.
  • Thank you for the clarification and other options.