Forum rules - please read before posting.

Dualshock 4 controller problem

edited March 2017 in Technical Q&A
I´m testing the 3d demo-scene with a dualshock 4 controller and ran in to a problem. Everything seem to work except the right stick, the cursor just floats up to the top of the screen and wont move vertical, horizontal works fine.

I changed controller type to Direct/keyboard or controller and defined both CursorHorizontal and CursorVertical. 

This is probably not a AC-problem i know but I thought maybe someone else have had this problem?

Latest Unity and Ac-versions

Comments

• Just in the Editor or in builds as well?
  • Builds as well, tried using 2 different controllers so I know there is no problem with that. I used this button mapping for the controller but tried all kinds of axis for the vertical but nothing works.
  • Yes, that matches up with my mapping.  If you create an additional set of CursorHorizontal/CursorVertical axes mapped to your keyboard, do they work?
  • Same thing happens if I create and additional set to my keyboard, horizontal works but vertical just goes down to the bottom of the screen and sits there, with no way of moving it vertical.
  • When testing the keyboard, make sure there's only one such input listed in your InputManager named CursorVertical - both the keyboard and controller will contribute otherwise.
  • Having only one input set to the keyboard works, i can move the cursor both horizontal and vertical now. However as soon as i change it to Joystick axis and then set it to 4th axis the problem appears again. The problem seem to be the 4th axis input.

I tried flipping the two, putting the 4th axis on CursorHorizontal and 3rd axis to CursorVertical and that makes the cursor go all the way to the left and sit there but Vertical works so I guess it has something to do with the 4th axis?
  • Yes, sounds like it.  That it works with the keyboard does make it sound less like an AC issue.

I would recommend testing your controller outside of AC - in a fresh scene, just have a simple script that logs your CursorHorizontal / CursorVertical input values to the Console, so you can see if this is happening at the raw input level.
  • Think I solved it, the right sticks vertical axis is the 6th axis and not the 4th that every guide I saw said. Thought I tried number 6 earlier but maybe not :)