Forum rules - please read before posting.

Variable: Run Sequence

Another potentially silly question from myself. I've used the Variable: Run Sequence action to check a global variable and then depending on what the variable is I run the relevant cutscene. For some reason after doing this the variable is always increased by 1? So for example Variable A can be anything from 1 to 10, if it is 3 then when I use Variable: Run Sequence it does indeed work correctly by running the correct cutscene (cutscene 3) if the variable is 3 however immediately after running the sequence the variable will increase by 1 (so in this example it changes to 4).

From what I've experienced I'm guessing that this is actually performing correctly and I may be using the run sequence option incorrectly (instead I should be checking if Variable is equal to 1, if so then run cutscene 1 and if not check if variable is equal to 2 and so on and so forth). The latter works obviously however it is a lot more time consuming to create and setup so I was hoping that the Variable: Run Sequence action did essentially the same thing just more streamlined - however considering the issues that I've encountered I'm guessing that it isn't designed for this? In the meantime I'll have to change all my action lists that use this run sequence action to individually check each potential different value for the variable.

Comments

• That is how Variable: Run sequence is intended to be used.  However, you can use the Variable: Pop Up switch Action to run different Actions based on a PopUp Variable's value in the manner you were thinking.

You can convert your Integer variable to a PopUp in the Variabes Manager - just give it a set number of values and a label for each one.
  • Chris, yeah the more I dug the more I thought that the Variable: Run Sequence was working correctly and I had just misunderstood its function. Thanks for confirming - the run sequence should be of use for me in the future and the pop up variable is one that I must admit I've never looked into and in fact will be perfect for what I need so thanks again (I might leave the scene I currently have using integer variable and then use the pop up in the future).