Forum rules - please read before posting.

Character blocked by stairs

Hi,
I'm developping a 3D point and click game

I'v created stairs but if I click behind the stairs, my character won't pass them..

He only pass the stairs if he walks fast enough. Is there a way to fix it?

Comments

• Can you post some images of your NavMesh and scene layout?  As this is a very visual problem, we will need to see what's going on exactly.

Also be aware that any collider on the "Default" layer (even if a trigger) will block clicks to the NavMesh.  This is so that you can prevent the player from moving into areas you don't want him to access.  If there is an issue with clicking, double-check your scene for colliders that may be interfering - you can move such colliders onto the Ignore Raycast layer if they aren't Hotspots.
  • I took a picture of the problem with the properties of my navMesh and where the character is blocked

• That will be a physics issue - likely because your character's Rigidbody is pulling him down the slope if he doesn't move fast enough.  This is a general issue to 3D games and not one specific to AC.

Post an image of your Player's full Inspector - it may be that tweaking some of his settings is enough.  Alternatively, however, you can replace your Player's Rigidbody and Capsule Collider components with a Character Controller - which gives you further options when it comes to moving on slopes.