Forum rules - please read before posting.

Bug: Subtitles don't show in build when playing Speech audio

As the title states, I'm running into a bug where Subtitles don't show up when audio for Speech plays. This only happens in a build, it works as expected in the editor.

-I have Show Subtitles checked under Options data in the Settings menu
-In the Speech menu under Speech audio I have "Auto-play speech audio files" checked
-Gather text has been run and all lines have been assigned a proper ID
-I'm not using Auto-name speech audio files, but manually assigning audio files to each line, but the bug appears in either case that I've tested.
-The bug appears using an AC menu as well as UnityUI menu
-Subtitles by themselves work fine, but do not work when Speech audio is playing too.

I've also been able to replicate it in a new project in the AC 2D Demo scene with the settings I listed above. I'm using AC 1.56d and Unity 5.5.0f3.

Any help is much appreciated, thanks!

Comments

• This is likely because your options data for the build and editor versions of your game are kept separate.  Try clicking Reset options data in the Settings Manager, and then re-checking Show subtitles?.
  • Thanks for the quick reply, Chris. Unfortunately, that didn't work. I welcome any other suggestions you might have.
  • I can't think of what else it would be.  Set your Menu Manager asset back to Demo_MenuManager, and build the game.  Open up the Options Menu and check the state of the Subtitles option.  Are they set to display?
  • I got it to work! I did as you suggested and assigned the Demo_MenuManager. Upon doing the first build it didn't work, the Subtitles option was set to Off. But after going through the steps again to Reset Options Data under Settings and checking Show Subtitles upon doing another build it worked fine. Now I've assigned my previous MenuManager and all is well. Thanks, Chris!
  • My game is being released in 3 weeks, I figure I at least owe you a nice steak dinner with all the support you've been able to give me ;)
  • You're welcome - though I'm currently living a little too far away for that.  Thanks though!
  • Haha, yeah that would be quite a long journey across the pond for one of us. I'll definitely be putting the word out for AC as I talk about my game.