Forum rules - please read before posting.

engine wait cutscene bug

Hi there,

I'm currently having a problem in a cutscene when I perform an enigine wait event for 5 seconds, it just "hangs" and doesn't skip to the next action in the list.

There is another cutscene that runs before it and that works fine with a  engine wait event. 

Is there something obvious I'm missing here?  Maybe there is something external to AC I'm doing in the scene which is causing the problem?

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers,
Simon

Comments

• I don't know what you could be doing external to AC that would affect it - but what else are you running?

What does the ActionList in question look like?  Post a screenshot of it's ActionList Editor window so that we can see what's going on.

Are you using the latest version?  To debug an ActionList, you can check List active ActionLists in Game window? in the Settings Manager to get a list of what's running at any one time, and if you open up an ActionList in the ActionList Editor window while it's running, the currently-running Action will be highlighted.  Do any of these tools help you shed any light?
  • Turns out I was calling cutScene.Interact() on every frame in the update loop which was causing it to hang on wait call (Doh!).

My bad - although you could argue the cutscene class should probably handle that situation a bit better.