Forum rules - please read before posting.

SFX looping problem

edited May 2017 in Engine development
Hello there!

I'm using SFX as ambient music for my scenes (wind blowing, fire cracking sounds, etc). The thing is the looping of the tracks always leaves a blank spot in between the sounds. At first I thought it could be because the sound effects might be looped poorly (they are from an open source site so it was a possibility), but after opening them up in the editor I realized they looped alright.

How can I solve this issue in AC? 

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: I just realized this is a Unity issue. Apparently when importing MP3, Unity may decide to add a blank space at the beginning or end of the track. Importing wavs seems to solve it.

Comments

• Just as a heads-up, MP3s are always problematic when it comes to looping.  It's how the compression works with MP3...it does it in blocks of data, so if your loop ends in the middle of one of those blocks of data, it needs to compress the entire block, so it'll add in a minuscule amount of silence at the end of the file to complete the compression algorithm.  

I always recommend using WAV (or something like OGG) if you need something that loops!