Forum rules - please read before posting.

Possible bug: Inventory hotspot reading wrong label

Hey guys,

I may have found a bug switching between hotspots. For my inventory I'm using hotspot labels to list the name of the item when the player hovers over it, the label stays on when the player selects the item which is expected, however dragging the item out of the inventory the hotspot label sometimes jumps to the center of the screen, almost like there's some confusion as to which hotspot the label should appear over. My game uses a point and click style to navigate so there are always hotspots directly behind the inventory.

The GIF below shows it in action. This happens about 20% of the time when dragging an inventory item out. This happens with the UnityUI Prefab and AC menus. Has anyone else run into this and perhaps has a possible solution? I'm using Unity 5.5.0f3 and AC 1.56

Below are my Hotspot settings:

And my hotspot Canvas settings:

Comments

• Are there any Hotspots in the scene that would cause the Menu to move to there when hovering over it?
  • Yes, there is a hotspot that takes up the entire screen behind it. This is the case throughout the entire game as it's a point and click game similar to Myst. I've tried upgrading AC to the latest version as well as upgrading Unity to 5.6, but the bug still remains.
  • In that case, should the label to show the whole time since you're hovering over the Hotspot - or should it be disappearing as it is (just not teleporting beforehand)?

Please post your full Settings Manager so that I can attempt a recreation.
  • Yes, the label should be showing while over the inventory hotspot and then disappearing as the cursor moves outside of it without teleporting on the hotspot behind it. My Settings are below:image
  • Thank you.  But if the Hotspot is covering the screen, why is the label disappearing?  It may be better to be sent the scene file + Managers as a .unitypackage file for me to properly see what's going on.  Could you PM them?