Forum rules - please read before posting.

Camera culling masks in 3d first person project

Hello, i'm working on a 3d first person project, due to a problem with a 3rd party package i need to use culling mask to render very distant mountains in a separate camera, i'm trying a lot of methods but i'm still stuck with this problem, please, anyone would like to help me? Many Thanks, Bukyja.

Comments

• edited May 2017
    AC won't affect your MainCamera's culling mask data, so you should be able to change that, and have a separate camera rendering another layer, just fine.

What have you tried so far?  I would recommend getting this working in a test scene with no AC scripts first, before incorporating the same trick into your game proper.
  • Hi Chris, i'm just using the classic method i know so far, created a camera rig then made main camera child of it, than duplicated camera and assigned mountain layer to the duplicated main camera, removing mountain layer from original main camera :( even tried duplicating character camera only but nothing. Anyway it was a try directly in a ac scene, i'll follow your suggestion trying it in a empty scene without ac folders and scripts. I'll update this post asap.
  • OK.  When it comes to the AC scene, be sure to only have one MainCamera in the scene - i.e. one that has the "MainCamera" script and is tagged as MainCamera.
  • All right, found out the problem, just forgot to delete the main camera script from the duplicated camera :D many thanks, still XD