Forum rules - please read before posting.

hotspot over another hotspot.

when I have a hotspot over another hotspot that is disabled, the first hotspot seems to be unuseable.

for instance I have a fridge with pork juice in it. the player has to open the fridge, which disable the fridge door visibility and hotspot, enables the open fridge door visibility and hotspot, and enables the pork juice visibility and hotspot. then in reverse to close. but when I open the fridge the hotspot is visible, enabled, but not useable (with the use cursor blank).
what could I be doing wrong?

Comments

• I was checking the action list and it seems to be fine. but when i checked enable on fridge 2 it started working. is there something wrong with disabling the hotspot from action lists?
  • Ah it seems using action lists for the onStart disabling the hotspot works.
    is there something wrong with unchecking enable in the configuration?
  • edited May 2017
    Well, Unity has issues with disabled objects, how exactly were you disabling the hotspot? 
  • You don't need to disable Hotspots in your OnStart - just attach a Remember Hotspot component to them and set their Hotspot state on start to Off.

Perhaps it is related to your Also affect chilrden? setting - are the items in the fridge children of Fridge2?

When AC disables a Hotspot, it is really just changing its layer.  A disabled Hotspot is on Ignore Raycast, while an enabled one is on Default.  Try viewing them in the Inspector to see what the problem is.