Forum rules - please read before posting.

HLP! Dialogue echo left on screen after scene change

Hi,

I find that NCP or Player dialogue can sometimes stay on screen after a scene change for the duration if a play through. Is this something that might be rectifies in a future update or is there a fail safe to avoid this?

Please see screenshot.

Thanks

James

Comments

• Cannot recreate.  AC version number, and screenshots showing the Menu in question's properties + the ActionList(s) that cause the issue, please.
  • Latest AC (been happening throughout updates though). 

It happens at different points throughout, not always the same point, it depends on how when you leave a scene when a dialogue loop is playing, or an npc is talking. 

I am just using normal dialogue loops, nothing odd. It doesn't always happen, it just depends if you leave a scene and catch a dialogue at a point where it stays into the next scene
  • Please follow my instructions, as it's the fine details that matter.  I need to see the exact Actions you're runnig, as well as the properties of the Menu that is showing.
  • HI,

Thanks, please see screenshots of trigger action list and properties here.

The action list sets off a dialogue loop (see screenshot) and if you change scene whilst the dialogue is on screen, it stays on screen throughout the rest of the game as white text.

This happens on any background looping dialogue when changing scene.

Screenshots here:

• The menu's properties, please.
  • Sorry, I am not using the menu? can you explain what properties you need to see exactly?
  • Subtitles are displayed in a Menu.  I'm referring to that Menu's properties, as they appear in the Menu Manager.
  • edited July 2017
    That is a screenshot of your Speech Manager.
  • No.  That is still your Speech Manager.
  • Which menu's properties from what I have so far screenshot for you?
  • Thank you.

Unfortunately, however, I still cannot recreate.  Using your same settings and ActionList set-up, the menu always disappears for me when I change scene.

Check that it still occurs in the very latest release (now v1.58), and if not - you'll have to PM it to me.  As your project will now be very large, please do the following beforehand:

1) Create a duplicate project for you to do this with
    2) Remove the Demo and 2D Demo AdventureCreator subfolders
    3) Remove all unrelated graphic and sound assets
    4) Remove all scenes except the two involved
    5) Test that you can still run the game from the first scene and perform steps to recreate the issue
    6) Create a single .unitypackage file from all files in your Assets folder and PM it to me, along with instructions on how to recreate the issue
  • Hi Chris, I built a project consisting of two scenes as requested, except I could not recreate the issue. It therefore seems that it could be caused within a large project?
  • It's likely - as I said a year ago, it wasn't an issue I could recreate.