Forum rules - please read before posting.

Change Loading scene name in game

Hi,

I use the 'use loading scene' feature to show a loading scene while I switch between scenes.
This is a very nice feature.

But now I have to scenes where I do not want to show a or at least the normal loading scene.

So is it somehow possible to switch 'use loading scene' on/off during game, or change the name of the loading scene to be used?

regards
Mirko

Comments

• edited May 2017
    Not sure if there's an action for this, but you can try:
    AC.KickStarter.settingsManager.loadingScene = 0;

Where 0 is the scene id (same as in build settings). You could wrap this in a custom action, I guess, so you can change the loading scene easily. Just take a look at the writing custom actions tutorial in the text tutorials (in the website).
  • Any field in the Settings Manager can be exposed to the API by right-clicking the field's label:

AC.KickStarter.settingsManager.useLoadingScreen

You can place that either in a custom script or custom Action to affect its value.  Be aware that this changes the asset's default value, i.e. it won't change back unless you change it through script again.  Therefore, you should set this value to its default state when your game begins, which is most conveniently done in a custom Action as part of your game's "ActionList when start game", as defined in your Settings Manager.
  • Tank you.