Forum rules - please read before posting.

Subtitle jumping issue

Hello,

Was wondering if anyone had run into this issue. I have an "npc" called HUD that has a separate dialogue menu and displays in game info such as when you've picked up items etc. 

When I use this just after the main character has spoken, for a split second the main characters dialogue displays half way between his dialogue position and the HUDs position. 

Here's a video of what I mean https://youtu.be/-BIt7c-2Z5M

A little more info, the 2 sets of subtitles are being displayed by separate menus, the players speech is the default subtitle menu with a positioning/font change. The HUD menu is the exact same thing only with the positioning. 

Comments

• edited July 2017
    Here's a link to an image of both subtitles menus, separated by a red line.

And here's the action list:

• Maybe as there's no wait time between two speeches with different properties the text is trying to be in two places at the same time for just a moment.

I'd try adding a 'gap' between speeches by adding a 'Wait time offset' value to the player's speech or a 'Wait' action after it. You could also try using a 'Wait for speech' action before adding the item to the inventory and starting the new speech.
  • Please try it in the latest release, v1.58, as that fixed a number of speech-related issues.

If it doesn't, let me know - and also try checking "Duplicate for multiple lines?" in the HUD Menu's properties.
  • I had already updated to see if it would fix it and it didn't. 
  • "Duplicate for multiple lines" didn't seem to do anything.

I added a wait of 0.2 (0.1 didn't fix it) and that seems to have fixed it so thanks KevapAereo for that idea. 
  • Thanks.  I'll attempt a recreation.
  • Recreated - will work on a fix in the next release.