Forum rules - please read before posting.

Further extension of Adventure Creator...

edited August 2017 in Engine development
Hi there,

I'm new to Adventure Creator (AC) and two steps ahead to start the work on my adventure game. A couple of months before, I bought AC because it seems, that this was the only "all-in-one" solution to creating classic 2.5D/3D point&click adventure games in Unity. Last year was the game "The Uncertain" published and I followed the developer. A couple of days ago, I found an interesting posting in his annonncements. Link: http://steamcommunity.com/games/406970/announcements. They write about some issues with AC to create their game. Finally they coded an own sub system...

Hey Guys: What's you experience with AC?

And @AdventureCreator-Team: What development of AC can we expect in the nearer future? What I mean... AC is a good solution, that's no question. But it seems that we could have some improvements for a slightly better access und faster development.

One of my greatest wishes: Full integration with nevigos "articy:draft 3". They published an Unity plugin to transfer content from articy to Unity. It would be great if you could get this. Especially in case of adventure development, articy:draft helps a lot and some developer are working with it.

Cheers,
Cycs

Comments

• Welcome to the community, @cycs.  No team, I'm afraid - just myself.

As I'm not privy to the development of the game you linked to, I won't comment on their post - except to say that AC is considerably more stable and refined since that game's release.  However, when bugs are reported, they are fixed.  Suggestions for new features are all considered, but on a case-by-case basis.

In the case of articty:draft, the situation is certainly different now that they've produced an official Unity plugin - and it is something I am looking into.

That said, integration with AC is provided with @PixelCrusher's Dialogue System, which works with both AC and A:D.  Have you looked into that as a go-between?

If you have suggestions for other improvements, by all means share them.