Forum rules - please read before posting.

Movment setings Mix

Hey Guys !

I have fast question. I wish to archine with AC similar movement as here

I mean we ofc can move with "Point and clik" settings but additional i wish to move player instantly when keep pressing mouse button and that i can archive using different setting like  "straight to coursor"

There is a way to mix these two some way ?

Thanks!

Comments

• I find some way around :) I put a new action to the left mouse button  a actionlist looks tat image
  • edited August 2017
    The problem is that a Player when move using "drag" setings with mouse move without any control ( Navimesh borders doesn't work  ;/ 
  • If you want to change movement method based on input / timing, I'd definitely recommend writing a custom script instead.  Something along the lines of:

if (Input.GetButton ("Fire1"))
    {
      AC.KickStarter.settingsManager.movementMethod = MovementMethod.Drag;
    }
    else
    {
      AC.KickStarter.settingsManager.movementMethod = MovementMethod.PointAndClick;
    }

Note that any field in the Settings Manager can be changed through scripting - just right-click on the field's label to get an option to copy a script reference to it.

Regarding the NavMesh borders, Drag movement works like Direct movement - and relies on Colliders to prevent passing through walls, not NavMeshes.  For your scenes to work with both Direct and Point And Click, place down NavMeshes and colliders / CollisionCubes along the walls.  The 3D Demo scene is designed in this way - you can use that to test with.
  • Thanks for answer Christ , Script will be awesome but i dont have a skills to do that ;/  You fink that my method will be not effective or will create some bugs ? 
  • You said it works, so it is effective.  But the coding wouldn't be much if necessary and I already gave you the key part.  Placing that in an Update() function would cause the movement method to switch according to whether or not you're holding down the Fire1 button.
  • edited August 2017
    You are right but from other side i found even easier solution.  When I played demo of that game " lovecraft tales " I figured that a movement is point and click but ... He make one simply change .  If you press mouse button you "Continuous clicking all the time. So when camera is attached to player  and you are holding mouse in one position  and keep pressing left mouse button he "Continuous walk to next and next pointed place. You know what i mean ?  I will try to figured how to make something like that  in AC  but maybe you will have idea  

That approach is brilliant and wil be the easiest way to make that kind of movment  
  • Hope I will figured that out because that is lat piece i need to start set up my assets in my dream project. Art is 80% done ;) small sneakpeek    image
  • If that change is easy work for you , maybe I  can "hire" you ;) ? Let me know how much you will charge  for  create a script to solve my problem . I Can send you payment via paypal 
  • Have you tried the Straight To Cursor option?  That provides features for continuous pathfinding when held down, provided you have a non-zero Pathfinding update time set further down the Settings Manager.
  • edited August 2017
    It works very well!  We have single click move and continuous movement when hold down , we miss only one thing . When I single click i can point even a sky and a character will go there as far as navimesh will let him, but when i move with hold down cursor he react only when  "holddown" is under navimesh space , you know what i mean ? Is there a trick to solve that issue as well ? If yes I will have perfect solution for me game . As before I its need some code change i can pay for that extra " feature"  , anyway thanks for Greta support !  I will add AC logo to my splash screen , that tool need any bigger expressure  ;)
  • edited August 2017
    Gif to better  explanation , at beginning i just "click: after that i try do the same when hold down 

Its a problem because a  a path in the scene will be very Narrow but  very very long  so everytime when player will dont hold down cursor  exactly on the road, movement will stop 
  • I'll have to see the issue for myself - please leave it with me for now.
  • Thanks Chris  ! Cant wait to see what you will figured out 
  • I actually consider this a bug, since the "NavMesh search" settings show but have no effect.  I'll address this in the next update.
  • edited August 2017
    Grete to hear that you figured that   .  Can you tell when next update should be ready ? Anyway thanks for fast help .  I will upload demo version of game to the separate forum thread soon 
  • I'll be out soonish, but I don't like to give ETAs because things can change.
  • I tested last upaded 1.59 . Movment works just perfect ! Thanks a lot