Forum rules - please read before posting.

Align to Camera

Hi, maybe you have already talked about this.
I followed the 2.5D tutorial by adapting it to different backgrounds and sprites.
I could not figure out why Scale did not work properly after turning on Align to Camera and Center to Camera.
I changed background, sprites, resolution without resolution.
Then I searched in the forum and I found the answer: check if the sprite rotation value was the same as the camera.
Is not it possible (or perhaps not advisable for other reasons?) to automatically copy the camera rotation values into Sprite when Align to Camera is turned on?

Comments

• Could you share a link to that answer so that I know the context?  I'm afraid I don't understand what your issue is, or what it is you're asking for.

Bear in mind, however, that if Lock scale? is checked on the Align To Camera component, you'll be unable to adjust the scale - as it will be set automatically by the component when you modify the Distance from camera value.  To set the scale manually, uncheck that box and you should have access to it again.
  • Yes, I'll explain.
    Take your 2.5D tutorial as an example.
    I create the new CornerMask sprite.
    I activate Align to Camera and Center to Camera and then with the Scale function I have to place on my sprite on the photo corner (Lock scale is still disabled).
    The perfect overlap fails, and this is because the sprite rotation X and Z fields are not the same as in the camera. That is, when you turn on Align to Camera, only the Y rotation field is copied automatically.
    In the tutorial, you do not modify these fields and so who is at the beginning does not understand why Scale does not work as in the movie.
    I found the answer in the forum because someone else had the same problem and you suggested checking the rotation fields.
    Is it intentional (for other reasons) that only "Y" is copied when Align to Camera is activated?
    Otherwise, you might want to consider changing the behavior of this feature by integrating the automatic copy of the other two fields.
  • edited September 2017
    It's possible to change, but I'd still like a link to that forum post, please.

How about an option so that you can choose a y-axis only rotation vs a full copy?