Forum rules - please read before posting.

Trying to use an another camera asset

Hello,

I'm trying to use the "camera path" asset with AC to build a nice camera mouvement.
So i tried to access through a hotspot via object,call event ....
Nothing happened.
I tried also to disable the main camera with engine /manage system/ disable camera..
Nothing happened.

I guess there might be a conflict with the AC main Camera and the "camera path" scripts ?
Should i disable the AC main camera through script, and then launch the "camera path" ( linked to another camera" and then re-able the AC main camera through script ?

Have a nice day !

Comments

• There's two ways you can do it.

1) Disable the MainCamera.  Disabling AC's camera system in Engine: Manage systems just prevents it from updating, but you'll have to go a step further if you want to actually prevent the MainCamera from rendering.  This is done by invoking the MainCamera component's Disable/Enable functions, which can be done with either Object: Call event or Object: Send message.  See Section 4.6 of the Manual for more on this.

2) Use a custom camera.  If you attach the "Basic Camera" component (type the name in the "Add Component" box at the bottom of your new camera's Inspector, that will make it visible to AC so that you can use the Camera: Switch Action to switch to it like you would any other camera.  See Section 4.3 of the Manual for more on this.
  • Hello,

I tried  your 2 propositions :

1) disabling main camera - launching the "path camera script" 

the main camera is disabled, and the game window says " no camera rendering".I can see in the editor window, that  meanwhile the other camera is moving alone the path but it's not rendered. if i add "switch camera" during this process, the other camera is not rendered.

2nd) switching to  a custom camera that will follow the path : 
    the main camera switch to the other one and immediately switches back. I can see in the editor window, that  meanwhile the other camera is moving alone the path but it's not rendered.

i guess i missed a step somewhere ? Thanks for your patience !
  • edited September 2017
    1) Disabling MainCamera
    If you disable the MainCamera, you will also have to enable your replacement camera.  It's likely that it's not rendering because the Camera component itself is disabled, but you can enable that through script:

GameObject.Find ("MyReplacementCamera").GetComponent <Camera>().enabled = true;

Since you're disabling AC's MainCamera, AC's various Camera actions will not work during this time.

2) Custom camera
    Follow up the Camera: Switch Action an Engine: Wait of the same duration that the camera takes to move along the path.  Are you making a first-person game?  If so, the first-person camera will always be active during gameplay, so you'll need to ensure that gameplay is blocked for the duration of the path animation.