Forum rules - please read before posting.

SkipSpeech Input behaves differently after update?

edited September 2017 in Technical Q&A
Hello!

Unity: 5.6.3p1
Adventure Creator: 1.59a
Windows 10
----

This was actually something I noticed a while ago back in August, but I just recently got back to work on my game.

I was using the Input "SkipSpeech", set to Enter and Space as a secondary, to behave the same way as a mouse click would during a dialogue.  If text is scrolling, write the rest of the text to the dialogue box, then prompt for user input. If text isn't scrolling, advance to next dialogue.

However, when I use the Input (Enter/Space) now, it skips the dialogue box entirely and starts the next dialogue, instead of displaying the rest of the text.

Setting the Input to nothing, then trying Enter/Space also doesn't work.

I'm honestly stumped on this one...

Comments

• Could be a bug, I'll try to recreate.  Please post a shot of the top of your Speech Manager, so that I can use the same settings.

What about when you use the standard mouse-click to skip?
  • edited September 2017
    Here ya go!

Also, a few of the newer settings that were from the latest update (delay, timing, etc), I haven't touched them, but this issue was going on since before that update.

The mouse operates exactly how expected.  Click once while scrolling, the rest of the text displays. Click afterwards, and the text advances. The enter/space input reacts the same on both Narration and regular Dialogue.
  • Thanks, recreated.  Will be fixed for the next update.