Forum rules - please read before posting.

Version 1.34 - UFPS integration, better ActionList assets and performance boost

2»

Comments

• After 2 hard working days, I'm now able to continue my game.
    I had to restart from scratch, importing first of all AC 1.34 and then one asset at a time, make a copy of backup everytime I added one. Because when the problem comes out, I wasn't able to use my scene anymore, even if I remove the asset script causing the problem! O_O!
    I found different asset that caused the issue, also the Locomotion project from Unity. I have to remove their script (I only need the mecanim animation, so wasn't a problem, but still don't understand why!).

Now I can play with the new feature of 1.34b (just updated).

Tx for the response Chris!
    Bye

PS: I've also tryed installing Unity 4.5.1 but there was the same problems... 
  • Here's the error in the console that happens when I select the inventory tab. The Game Editor window goes blank as well.

ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Argument is out of range.
    Parameter name: index
    System.Collections.Generic.List`1[AC.InvItem].get_Item (Int32 index) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/monoAndRuntimeClassLibs/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Collections.Generic/List.cs:633)
    AC.InventoryManager.CraftingGUI () (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Managers/InventoryManager.cs:482)
    AC.InventoryManager.ShowGUI () (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Managers/InventoryManager.cs:226)
    AdventureCreator.OnGUI () (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Managers/Editor/AdventureCreator.cs:195)
    System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/monoAndRuntimeClassLibs/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MonoMethod.cs:222)

• I just updated to 1.34b to see if this is fixed, but the error persists. I'm running Unity 4.3.4 free at the moment.
  • I think the ActionListAssets have reverted back as well. I'm getting the toggle arrow again with action lists I'm creating in 1.34b.
  • Although, I'm wondering if that just happens when you copy paste actions within the action list. It doesn't seem to do it when I create each action in the action list from scratch.
  • OK, thanks for the info.  While I do test things properly, with an asset as large as AC some errors just won't be found until it's used by people en-masse.  I'll have a look into these issues, and get a new update out shortly.