Forum rules - please read before posting.

Version 1.53 - Editor improvements, 5.4 compatibility and licensing changes (important!)

2»

Comments

• @kenaub: On what platform, and is this from the "vanilla" Unity 5.4 or a patch release?  The only issue that I can find myself with 5.4 is that the lighting needs rebuilding in the demo scene.

Is this in the Editor or just builds?  You'll need to describe the problems more fully for me to understand what might be the problem.  Try out v1.53a and post a new thread in Technical Q&A with some screens that explain the issues and I'll look into it.
  • edited August 2016
    Hey Chris, so unfortunately I had to update my unity (PC refresh) I have noticed that my character creator window is now broken, when I click on it nothing happens. Thankfully I know how to create an NPC manually so not the end of the world, thought i would just bring it to your attention. 
  • edited August 2016
    @GreydoutZA: Thank you, it's important for me to be aware.  But could you provide more info?  Are you using Unity 5.4, or a patch release?  Mac or PC?  Do you get beyond the first page, or is it broken from the start?

Version 1.53b
    • Added: Ability to prevent the translation of String and PopUp variables
    • Fixed: Display issues with AC Menus in Unity 5.4
    • Fixed: Lighting issues with 3D Demo in Unity 5.4
  • edited August 2016
    Hey Chris, sorry for lack of details, I downloaded unity yesterday so it must be the latest version. Not at my Desktop now to check the version number. I am not using the patch release no but the consumer release. I am using it on PC and cant get beyond the first page. When I click on the window nothing pops up... I will take a few screengrabs this evening for you. 
  • "Added: The “Sound: Play music” Action now accepts parameters"

:-D
  • Hey Chris, so want to take some screen shots but to be honest nothing happens, when I click on create character nothing loads. it could maybe just be my rig perhaps, lets see if more people report this issue. 
  • @ChrisIceBox - Thank you for the response.  I read of the project grandfathering, but my impression when I originally purchased more than a year ago was that I purchased a per-studio license and not a per-project license (much less a per seat license!).  I don't think it would be constructive for me to make a long rant here, so I'll just say that regardless of the value proposition, to sell a product and then change the terms of sale afterward is extremely misleading, and as (previously) a fan of your work, a very disappointing move.
  • @GreydoutZA: It could well be isolated, as I tried to recreate it myself and couldn't find anything wrong.  There was also no change made to the New Character Wizard in the recent updates.

@Sim9: I've sent you a PM.
  • Version 1.53c
    • Added: If an Asset-based “ActionList: Run” Action sets a GameObject parameter’s value, a GameObject can now be directly assigned instead of entering in an ID number
    • Added: Warning to the New Game Wizard window if the user opts to use the default interface, but the Demo’s Managers are not imported
    • Added: Option for 2D characters in 3D scenes to copy the camera’s full rotation, as opposed to just accounting for the facing direction
    • Added: Warning message to Console if a “Variable: Run” Action fails because the referenced Variable cannot be found
    • Fixed: Interface issues when choosing the “Default Unity UI” option in the New Game Wizard
    • Fixed: Console error when navigating Menus with a Cycle element
    • Fixed: Minor issue with animated Inventory cursors
    • Fixed: “Save: Save or load” Action giving an incorrect warning message if a slot index variable is not found
  • Version 1.53d
    • Fixed: Newly-created MenuCycle elements not displaying correctly since v1.53a