Forum rules - please read before posting.

Version 1.39 - Ouya support, new interaction modes and hardware cursors

2»

Comments

• p.s. what's the upgrade instructions? just import the package from the asset store , or do i need to delete something before i do that?
  • I get this error when I start a new project in 4.3.4 and import AC 1.39c. After opening the demo scene of course and attempting to run it.

Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Save system/Serializer.cs(285,54): error CS1061: Type `UnityEngine.Texture2D' does not contain a definition for `EncodeToJPG' and no extension method `EncodeToJPG' of type `UnityEngine.Texture2D' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

• @SoundGuy: I don't know in what way you improved it!  I did make some additions to it beyond Tim's work, however, so I'd recommend an import.

Upgrade notes are always at the top of the release notes - once you've downloaded the latest update (in the Asset Store window), just check the Release notes before importing.  Generally it's a simple matter of importing, but always be sure to create a backup first, just in case.

@joshuabogart: What platform is your Editor running in?
  • edited October 2014
    4.3.4 pro on OSX.
  • I'm OSX too - it's likely that this is because you're using an earlier version of Unity.  Officially, AC's minimum supported is 4.5.1 - any lower than that and it's "use at your own risk".  Are you not able to upgrade?  The function you refer to relates to the new "save game screenshots" feature - if you can't upgrade Unity, you should be able to get around the issue simply by commenting out the offending function.
  • Hi:

I would like to create a 2d game using this for mobile. The one area of concern is the dialogs are using the old Unity GUI I believe and would be a performance issue. Or can they now use the new Unity GUI. 

I also have 2dToolkit. Is this maybe compatible where I could use it to create the dialogs and also use its SpriteSheets, since I am using Unity Basic and do not have all the Unity Pro SpriteSheet features.

• edited October 2014
    It's worth mentioning about the current GUI is that AC's menu system relies on just one OnGUI () call, but I appreciate every little help counts when it comes to mobiles.

Support for the new Unity UI system is planned, but not until Unity has officially released it.  2D Toolkit is only used for Characters, not GUIs.