Forum rules - please read before posting.

Version 1.41 - Unity UI integration, ActionList Editor improvements, Cinema Director support

Comments

• Wow!
    Merry xmas indeed!

The Cinema Director Support was exactly what I was looking forward too :D
    Thanks for adding it so quickly, Chris!

I hope however, that you find time to relax and take a break during holidays.
    Cheers!
  • Just so you all know, Cinema Director is on sale today at the Asset Store!  Go, go, go!  :)

• @themightyzq, thanks, I would have missed this otherwise!
  • I'm not sure how to make the shots in Cinema direcor work with the AC camera.
    didn't try anything else right now

shredingskin  any luck? 
  • great work, was just wondering if UFPS mouse issues are sorted yet? I was waiting a few revisions before I went back to using AC for my conversations etc due to these issues. 
  • Just an FYI, when the asset store says 'needs upgrade to 4.61' it's lying, just hit the download icon
    and scroll down to Adventure creator and hit download. May or may not work with your current unity
    though, mine's 4.60 something, but at least you can try it w/o dl'ng a new Unity with the same stupid
    demo project again and again and again...
  • @SoundGuy @shredingskin: Cinema Director should override the AC camera completely when a CD Cutscene is running.  What's happening, exactly?

@radiantboy: AFAIK.  You'll need to amend your player prefab if you've skipped a few versions, as the way UFPS works changed recently.  Upgrade to the most recent versions of both, and follow the instructions here.
  • edited January 2015
    I was using unity 5 18b, I updated the new version of cinema director and now it's working properly.

Before that, camera shots weren't getting registered.
  • ChrisIceBox  shots weren't affecting the camera.  I'm on AC 1.4.1a and CD 1.0.2.0 in unity 4.6.1 

I don't think i'm ready for unity 5 transition yet (too afraid of breaking something)
  • @SoundGuy: Cinema Director support was integrated with the latest release at the time - v1.3.0.5 - using Unity 4.6.  You shouldn't need to make use of Unity 5 for it, but it does seem that your earlier version is the cause of it.
  • I'll recheck the CD version. the asset store claimed i have the latest one, and i did download it only after 1.4.1a was released, i'm pretty sure what's causing the confusion - and i think this number is for the Cinema Suite that includes the cinema director. I'll see if i can find out the CD's version within.
  • Hey Chris.

You mentioned that every demo menu has Unity Ui version of it but i cannot seem to see them when i change the "Pause menu" source to Unity Ui prefab nor Unity Ui In Scene.

I've also did the same thing with 2d demo but again nothing came up.

Im using Unity 4.6.1f1 and AC 1.41a

• A tiny update in the form of 1.41b is now out, which fixes a critical error in which the Save menu was re-appearing after loading a save game.

@Harnekin: Only the 3D Demo has alternative UI menus.  Each one is a separate Canvas prefab, found in AdventureCreator/Demo/UI.  To make use of them, change the source to Unity UI prefab.

The Linked Canvas and RectTransform boundary fields should be set to the Canvas prefab and child "Panel" object respectively.  If these aren't being set automatically, just do so manually.
  • D'oh !
    Thanks alot for clearing it out. Along with the new tutorial i'm eager to explore further this new Ui system.
  • edited January 2015
    Might still be a problem here or might be something limited to me - loading saved games no longer makes the save menu re-appear, but if I load a game from a scene other than the one I am currently in, it seems to make the game re-pause after a quarter of a second or so (my half second scene-starting fade in gets halfway done) at which point I hit escape to toggle the menu and it becomes unpaused again.

Loading a game from within a scene works fine. Hope that'll help if it is in fact a bug!

Or is this not happening to anyone else...?
  • By the way, the previous confusion did occur due to  menu elements disappearing from the Game window unless we are playing the game. As in, Test in Game window does not show Unity Ui in game screen.

It would be less confusing if we can see the Unity Ui in Game window just like AC Ui while working on the menu itself.
  • This was crashing for me on Unity5, did you do anything special shredingskin ?
  • Did you update Cinema Director ?
  • Disabled action's don't show up as disabled in the ActionListEditor