Forum rules - please read before posting.

Camera movements vs Post Effects v2

Hi Chris (or anyone with some information!)

I was looking for this issue elsewhere, couldn't find it. After updating to Post Effects v2, it looks like when the post layer is active,it interferes with the way the camera is moved by AC. If I disable the Post-layer on the Main Camera, it immediately resumes the movement (whether by cursor or character position), and cuts it back to the center position of that particular camera when Post is on again.

Here are my versions:
Unity, 2018.2.17f1
AC, 1.70.4

My project has stayed in the same version of Unity the whole time, but I've been updating AC sporadically. It was doing the same thing on the last version I had of AC, which was ~1.54

Comments

• This is Unity's own post-processing stack? In what way is it interfering with the camera, exactly? I'm not clear on you mean by cutting to the "center position".

Is the MainCamera's actual position (as shown in the Scene view / Transform component) being modified, or is it only perceived to be in the Game window?

As this is a visual problem, please share some screens posted on e.g. imgur.com to help illustrate the situation - though from the sound of it, it may be that the issue lies with the Post Effects. You're only adding post component(s) to the MainCamera? Is it depenent on certain effects being enabled?

• Yes, this is Unity's own v2 processing stack.

When its active on the main camera, it seems to be negating all movements coming from Adventure Creator, so if the camera is panning with the mouse, or panning to follow a character, if the stack is enabled it just returns the camera to its 'actual position', without accepting AC's camera adjustments.

(sorry for the shakey, but I think it gets the idea across).

The main camera's position doesn't seem to be changed by the post stack, just tested. It is only changing the perceived position that ends up in the game view.

Honestly, its very odd. Post v1 didn't have this effect, only this v2 version seems to. I can always try and roll back to v1, worst case, but since v2 has some improvements it would be nice to keep it if possible.

• Screens if you can, in future, please - the glare makes it hard to see any of the Inspector fields.

Though, it seems what you're referring to is the "Follow cursor" feature of a GameCamera2D with Perspective projection - correct?

In this mode, AC achieves the camera panning by manipulating the Camera's projectionMatrix - so that the perspective is retained.

It's likely that Post Effects v2 is also taking control over things. You could try moving the component up the Inspector so that it's above AC's MainCamera component, but you may have better luck switching your GameCamera's Projection mode to Orthographic.

If neither of those work, I'm not sure what else to suggest, I'm afraid.

• No problem, Chris, thanks kindly for that. I'll try moving it upwards. If it doesn't work, I'll see if I can find out what directly is conflicting and I can update anything I discover here. I'm curious if anyone else will run across this later on!