Forum rules - please read before posting.

Unhandled interaction - 2D Tutorial on youtube

edited May 2020 in Technical Q&A

Hi Chris and AC Community! I am following the tutorial on youtube and I have the recent version of Unity and AC. I can not find the textbox for unhandled interaction in the cursor manager. Where can I find it?

Comments

• Welcome to the community, @Vacerias.

The "Unhandled interaction" field is dependent on the Interaction method field, which can be set at any time in the Settings Manager - under "Interaction settings".

Is this currently set to Choose Interaction Then Hotspot?

• Thank you Chris!

It was set to Choose Hotspot and then Interaction. I switched now to Context Sensitive but the unhandled interaction textbox is still missing.

• It needs to be set to Choose Interaction Then Hotspot - it's a subtle difference in name, but very different in the way it affects gameplay.

With "Choose Hotspot Then Interaction", you interact with Hotspots by first clicking them, and then choosing from a list of available interaction types via a menu that then appears. This is demonstrated in the 2D Demo (note that this is different to the 2D tutorial).

With "Choose Interaction Then Hotspot", you first select the interaction type you want (e.g. "Use", "Talk to" etc) by either cycling through cursors, or clicking on an icon - and then clicking the Hotspot you want to interact with in that way. It's in this mode that the "Unhandled interaction" fields show - because it's then possible to select an interaction type that isn't supported by a given Hotspot.

For a full rundown of all the "Interaction methods" available, see the Manual's chapter of the same name.