Forum rules - please read before posting.

head turning in legacy mode and mixamo export

hello,
I would like to add the "head turning" in my game, but nothing happens.
I placed my animations in the "bone transforms", activated the "player turns head to active hotspot?" in "settings"
I use a character in "legacy"

I use the latest version of AC and unity 2019.1.9f1
and bones from mixamo, I tried several animations and types of exports in cinema 4d (c4d, fbx ..).

Thanks for your help.

Comments

• Is the model file's "Rig type" similarly set to "Legacy"?

Unless you have a specific need to, I'd recommend using Mecanim for any 3D character - Legacy is outdated, hence the name.

That said, the Legacy head-turning system works by setting the animation's weight to the amount they have to turn - meaning the animation itself should be one frame, where the character is turning their head by the biggest amount in that direction. I can't tell from your screenshots if that's the case.

• I opened the "tinpot" animation in cinema 4d to help me realize the "head turn left" and "head turn right" animations, on 23 frames.
    I started my game 5 years ago with legacy animation, I don't think I can change now.
    do you think i can adapt to "mecanim" easily?
    can I adapt only the "player" not the "npc"?
    without having to redo all my cinematics.

thanks

image problème

• I'm not sure what I'm looking for in the screenshots. Is the head-turning working now?

Switching to Mecanim is still a choice - if it's mostly working for you, you can still continue to use Legacy, though Mecanim does give you much more flexibility and control. A tutorial on getting set up can be found here.

What animation method you use can be different for each character.

• edited May 2020

hi,

I created a new character in "mecanim" with an "animation type" "humanoid"
    and I activated the option "ik head turning", everything works as I wanted!
    but I have all my cutscenes to adapt ...
    better late than never !

thank you for your help

head-anim.gif