Forum rules - please read before posting.

Playmaker varibles with AC

Hi, I have linked global variables to Playmaker and take on the values of the variables from playmaker but when the variable is updated in-game play the linked AC variable doesn't update at all. The AC variable will always stay the same as the playmaker's initial value.

Comments

• What are your AC / PM / Unity versions, and how and when are you checking the AC variable?

The AC variable won't be updated the moment the PM variable is - it's instead updated at the moment its value is requested, i.e. with a Variable: Check Action.

Is this what you're using to check its value, or are you instead look at it in the Variables Manager?

• It does update as soon as I press play but if the variable changes during gameplay the AC variable doesn't change when the playmaker variable changes though.

• Again, please: what are your AC / PM / Unity versions, and how are you checking the variable's value?

• I'm using the latest versions of PM / AC / and I am using unity version 2019.3.7f1. In playmaker I use a trigger to hurt the player for now and it works fine with playmaker but the variable isn't updating in gameplay with AC even though I have linked the variables, now I did find a workaround by using a trigger enter and exit to do the same as playmaker but I'm not sure if this would be a good workaround though. It would be easier if the AC variable will update just like playmaker's variable.

• edited May 2020

How are you reading the AC variable's value? I need clear steps to reproduce the issue, as I cannot find any such issue. Screenshots would be best, if you can share.

Also, is this a global or a component variable?

• Its actually a health system so when a player loses 10 life from having 100 life I am left with 90 life. The problem is AC variable that's global WILL NOT change at all. Playmakers variable is global as well. It will only change at the very start to match playmakers variable. I can't give screenshot at the moment.

• edited May 2020

Again, please: exactly how are you reading the AC variable's value? Ignoring the Variables Manager for the moment, are you using a "Variable: Check" Action to actually have its value affect gameplay? Or is it displayed in e.g. a menu?

If there's an issue here, I'm ready and willing to fix - but please know that I need as much information as you can share for me to help.