Forum rules - please read before posting.

Scene -> Switch previous (BUG in 1.71.3)

edited May 2020 in Engine development

Hi,

After upgrading from version 1.70.4 to version 1.71.3, the "Scene -> Switch previous" function does not work properly.

The error occurs only after saving the state (save) and after reloading it. The game cannot go back to the previous screen, instead the game backs to the first scene. The error appears after loading the "save" file in a new game (restart build game or testing session in Unity).

Version 1.71.3 also has a screen index error. This is related to checking the previous screen. I check the scenes by name, not by number.

I will be grateful for your help.
Lukas R.

I am using Unity 2019.2.21f.

Comments

• The error occurs only after saving the state (save) and after reloading it.

To be clear, your steps are the following?

• Switch scene
    • Save and reload
    • Switch previous scene

Version 1.71.3 also has a screen index error

What exactly is the error, and what steps are necessary to reproduce it?

• edited May 2020

If the steps are in that order, that's fine.

• Switch scene
    • Save and reload
    • Switch to previous scene

The error only appears when I leave the game.

• Switch scene
    • Save
    • Exit game
    • Load
    • Switch to previous scene

In "back_zoom_button_onclick" I have the action "Scene -> switch previous"

• It seems to me that "screen index error" appears only when I check previous scene by name.

• edited May 2020

I cannot recreate either issue. When you restart the game, which scene are you beginning from?

Is the first resolved on your end by opening ActionSceneSwitchPrevious.cs and commenting out line 96?:

if (runtimeActivePlayer)

Again, what exactly is the "screen index error"?

• When I delete both actions "Scene : Check" the error no longer appears.

• I commented out line 96 and nothing has changed. Both errors still occur.

• edited May 2020

If I change "Scene check" action from "previous" to "current" the error with index disappears.

• edited May 2020

I previously wrote "SceneChanger" instead of "ActionSceneSwitchPrevious" as the script with line 96. Did you see the updated comment before applying the change?

For bug 1: When you restart the game, which scene are you beginning from?

For bug 2: When are you running such Actions? After loading / changing scene?

• edited May 2020

Bug 2: I am running such action always after changing scene using function "on start".

I previously wrote "SceneChanger" instead of "ActionSceneSwitchPrevious" as the script with line 96. Did you see the updated comment before applying the change?

Yes Yes. I noticed it.

• edited May 2020

For bug 1: I recorded 2 videos showing the difference between version 1.70.4 and 1.71.3.
    In version 1.71.3 the "scene -> switch previous" action always takes us back to the scene before we loading game.

1.70.4 -
    1.71.3 -

However, this time there is no error in the console but load / save does not work as in version 1.70.3.