Forum rules - please read before posting.

Unhalted events error (BUG in 1.71.3)

When I use the wrong item on the hotspot, the game freezes. In version 1.70.4 it works fine.

Comments

• This is a different error but maybe the first one may depend on it. In general, there is a problem with action lists run from the assets files (only in 1.71.3).

• Another example of error when running "action list" from a asset file. When I switch source to "in scene" it's ok.

• edited June 2020

Thanks for the report. Recreated issue 1.

Is there any issue in the game with the third post, aside from the Console messages? What are the contents of the ActionList (detective_talk), that causes the issue? The message refers to the Variables Manager, not anything specific to those two Actions.

• Is there any issue in the game with the third post, aside from the Console messages?

The game works normally only this message appears.

What are the contents of the ActionList (detective_talk), that causes the issue?

It's just a conversation working in background. After moving it to the inside the scene, the error no longer appears.

• I was mistaken in being able to recreate issue 1. The 3D Demo similarly has an "Unhandled interaction" on the sword - but whether it's per-item or global makes no difference. Do you experience this issue in the 3D Demo when using the Sword on e.g the Pinboard?

• Strange, but this error only appears in version 1.71.4. In a sword situation, this error also occurs. However, I updated AC to version 1.71.3 and everything is fine.

• The latest version is 1.71.3. How did I get version 1.71.4? Is this the patch you sent me on priv?

• Yes, that'll be it. I recreated the issue with the dev package, just not with the official.

To remedy, open up PlayerInteraction and change line 1309:

KickStarter.player.EndPath (null, button.playerAction == PlayerAction.DoNothing);

with:

KickStarter.player.EndPath (null, button == null || button.playerAction == PlayerAction.DoNothing);

• It works! Thank you again.