Forum rules - please read before posting.

just and idea, for VR implementation

I was looking for a programer that could help me doing the neccesary changes to make it work in VR and they ask 500USD for the work.
ChrisIceBox maybe you can create a patreon or something in order to get founds to make it VR compatible? maybe most of us in the forum could help paid the extra time and work you need to make the changes.

i think that if a pay to someone for the changes, that is kind of sad if the changes are not share with some other users.

Comments

• VR is not my speciality, I'm afraid. It's not an area I'm familiar with enough to provide official support for, though I can certainly try to answer any questions that those attempting to integrate it by themselves may have.

• So, if it is doable and costs are quantifiable... Maybe everybody chips in some bucks and we can hire someone who will work, with Chris, on VR implementation in AC. I think there are enough people to support the idea. Is this a valid option, Chris? :)

• edited November 2020

Welcome to the community, @Jeremiah.

It isn't just a case of development, but also ongoing support, platform updates, etc.

Certainly a VR developer could implement VR in AC - and indeed there are studios who have done so internally - but it's not something I'm looking to have made official.

• I totally understand this, but still feel that we are missing some oportunity (AC + VR = visual coders' wet dream). :smiley: :smile: And what about third party developers - are you willing to cooperate in case someone wants to release VR add-on for AC on the Asset Store (support, platform updates, etc. on their side)?
  • I would consider it on a case-by-case basis.

• Thank you :) I appreciate your fast response. I guess, now, I will take a closer look at the VR underworld and ransack some programmers' lairs. ;) I should not report back until I find some ready-made solution. :)