Forum rules - please read before posting.

Custom animation playing but not repositioning sprite as specified in Timeline

Hello
I'm using AC 1.71.4 on Unity 2018.1.0f2
I have a custom animation set up on my Player character, with PlayerSprite positions built into the animation via the Timeline.

When I trigger the animation via a Use hotspot action list, the animation plays, but the sprite does not move - it remains in one spot on the screen.

The animation mostly takes place inside of the scene's Navmesh, but I don't think (?) it can be that.

I have tried disabling the player's Circle Collider but that doesn't change anything. Any ideas what I could try instead?
Thanks.

Comments

• Well, I've solved this one by putting the animation of the player's sprite onto a Sprite Game Object and switching the Player Character out at this instant. I don't need any interactions whilst the animation runs so it will work out fine.

Not sure if it's ideal but it certainly works!

• Is the Player spawned in at runtime? You'll need to remap the bindings to the object within the Engine: Control Timeline Action if so.

Animating the Player within Timline is doable - but in general it's better to animate the root, rather than the sprite child. Than again, if things are working, they're working.

• Thanks.

Animating the Player within Timline is doable - but in general it's better to animate the root, rather than the sprite child. Than again, if things are working, they're working.

I see. But - just to be super certain I'm doing things correctly - the walk, run and talk animations should all be on the Player sprite rather than the root, shouldn't they?

• The animations should update the sprite child, yes, but the Animator itself can be on the root - since an Animator can control any object that's a child of the object it's attached to.

• Ah.
    Oh. My Player's animator is on the sprite child... I guess I should fiddle around with that sooner rather than later then. Thanks!