Forum rules - please read before posting.

Error deleting autosave

edited June 2020 in Engine development

Deleting an autosave when it's the only existing save, causes AC to crash. I'm attaching a test actionlist I created to verify this issue. Game crashes on action (3). The autosave is deleted, but the actionlist never gets to (4).

https://imgur.com/a/EwznomD

Comments

• Ah I forgot, the error is:

ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
    Parameter name: index
    System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException (System.ExceptionArgument argument, System.ExceptionResource resource) (at <567df3e0919241ba98db88bec4c6696f>:0)
    System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException () (at <567df3e0919241ba98db88bec4c6696f>:0)
    System.Collections.Generic.List`1[T].get_Item (System.Int32 index) (at <567df3e0919241ba98db88bec4c6696f>:0)
    AC.SaveSystem.DeleteSave (System.Int32 elementSlot, System.Int32 saveID, System.Boolean useSaveID) (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Save system/SaveSystem.cs:2275)
    AC.ActionManageSaves.Run () (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Actions/ActionManageSaves.cs:128)
    AC.ActionList+<RunAction>d__34.MoveNext () (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/ActionList/ActionList.cs:377)

• I tried to add a dummy save to avoid this issue. It works, but the strange thing is that when I delete my autosave via the actionlist, the dummy save is deleted as well.

• Open up ActionManageSaves.cs, and find (around line 90):

SaveSystem.DeleteSave (0);

And replace it with:

SaveSystem.DeleteSave (0); return 0f;

Does that solve the issue?

• Yes, that did it. :smile: