Forum rules - please read before posting.

Variable question

Hi,

Is there any option to set a variable exception which not resets after Scene: Reset? Currently, I have a coins variable, and if the player starts again the game, I don't want that my coins's variable would be 0 again. So I would like to save the previous coins number previously, and give the player after new game.

Thank you very much for your reply!

Comments

• If you make a Global variable, you then have the option to set its Link to property to Options Data. This will mean that it's value is part of your save profile (i.e. along with other options values such as Music Volume) - as opposed to stored in individual save game files.

This means that changes made to it's value will not be affected by loading save game files or restarting the game application.

Or, are you looking to have it's value be stored in save game files - but only not reset when restarting the game? Are you looking to reset the scene or restart the game? They're similar concepts but quite different in practice.