Forum rules - please read before posting.

Remember Player Position after changing scene?

edited July 2020 in Technical Q&A

Is there a way to remember the hero's position after changing the scene? I use "Remember Transform", but after changing the scene, if I don't specify where to teleport the hero, he always appears in the "PlayerStart2D" position.

After removing from scene "PlayerStart2D", the hero's position is remembered and works as I would like, but the camera stops working.

(I created a map, which is a separate scene, after returning from the map, the hero always returns to the point "PlayerStart2D" and I would like him to stand at the point where the player turned on the map.)

Lukas

Comments

• Enable player-switching in the Settings Manager, and create a second (invisible) Player that's only present in the Map scene.

Then, when you want to view the Map, switch to this Player instead of switching the scene. Then, when you exit the Map, switch back to the original Player - who will be in the same place you left him.

AC's updated Player-switching workflow is covered in this tutorial.

• Thank you Chris.
    Yesterday I also realized that the same effect can be obtained by using the "Object -> Record Transform" function, with the "player-switching" option turned off.