Forum rules - please read before posting.

Cannot add a new interaction icon (it won't display)

Hello,

I'm kinda feeling bad for writing this much in this forum, but I swear I try everything before posting here :)

I have an interaction menu, that is working fine, with 3 different interaction icons, with animation, that is working good.

When i switch the player, i need to switch the interaction menu for having 3 different interaction icons (the first character is human, the second is a cat, so I need to change the actions that the player can make).

I created a new interaction menu and i set 3 interaction element, like the previous menu, but the only difference is: I changed the cursor, selecting the new interaction icons.

The problem is: these icons don't display on game, in any way.
I tried to create a new menu, I tried to display the icons on the first menu, but nothing. They won't display. What am I missing?

I attach the cursor manager and the menu manager (only the needed part).

https://imgur.com/a/QUmcGrk

Thanks a lot for any help

Comments

• If you're using a separate Interaction menu for the other character, you'll need to make sure that only the one that you want to show is unlocked at any time.

You're locking the cat's menu when the game begins, which'll be correct if you start as the other character, but you'll need to unlock this menu upon switching to this character (and lock the other menu).

• https://imgur.com/a/V5x2RJL

i'm actually doint it :(

I start with the man's menu unlocked and the cat's menu locked. And every time i switch them.

But i'm pretty sure is not a menu problem, but a menu element's problem, or maybe an icon's problem, because if I use the new icon in the old menu, still is not working

• The screenshots look fine, at least so far as what you've shown.

What exactly occurs when you click on a Hotspot? Does any relevant message appear in the Console?

Try changing the properties so that the cat's menu is unlocked, and the original is locked, when the game begins. Does the cat's menu then show up for the other character?

• Sorry for late answer.

Try changing the properties so that the cat's menu is unlocked, and the original is locked, when the game begins. Does the cat's menu then show up for the other character?

I tried to do that, and yes, the cat's menu show up for the other character.
    But i don't think it's a menu problem.

When i Click on the hotspot, it just appear a simple message on the console "Cannot turn on menu 'Interaction' as it is locked", but that's normal because it's referring to the menu actually locked. Nothing more is appearing.

I recorded an example to let you understand what's happening.
    In the video I first use the man's menu and everything is okay.
    Then I use the cat's menu and it appear only the element having one of the icon already present in the other menu ("3: Zampata" is the new icon i want to be shown, but it stay hidden)
    Then I tried to switch the icon of one of the two element in the Cat's menu (changing it from "3:Zampata" to another one) and the icon shows.

So i guess the menu has no problem. it is an icon problem I guess.

I hope the video and my description are clear enough

• edited August 2020

What of the Hotspot itself? If you have Auto-hide Interaction icons based on Hotspot?, then an icon will be hidden if the current Hotspot does not have an interaction that refers to that icon.

Let's see screens of the Hotspot's Inspector, as well as your Settings Manager.

Also, be aware that changes made to Menus in Play mode won't be felt until the game is restarted - the change you made at the end of the video won't affect the menu while you're running the game.

• If you have Auto-hide Interaction icons based on Hotspot?, then an icon will be hidden if the current Hotspot does not have an interaction that refers to that icon.

That's it!!
    Thank you a lot, my bad.
    I had that box checked and i didn't have any use interaction with that icon.